At EEVE, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Who are we?
We are the Private Limited Company EEVE BV, a company based in 8790 Waregem, Eugène Bekaertlaan 61, Belgium, registered in the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0674.791.485 and with the website www.eeve.com.
EEVE develops, manufactures and markets camera-operated robots whose functions include among other things, cutting the grass, taking photographs and securing the garden (hereinafter: "Product" or "Products"). We hereby provide various services such as, inter alia, the repair and maintenance of the Products (hereinafter: "Services"). We have developed a software application that is necessary to use and control the Product remotely (hereinafter: "App").
How do We collect information from You?
We collect information from You when You use Our website, Products, Services or App, for example, when:
- You contact Us (via the contact page) regarding our Products and Services;
- You make an online reservation/purchase;
- You download and use the App;
- You use the Product;
- You contact Our help centre (hereinafter: “EEVE HELP CENTER”) because You have a (technical) question about the Product, a question about an invoice or payment, You want a demo or have a suggestion for improving Our operation, website or Product;
- You subscribe to Our newsletter.
What type of information is collected from You?
The personal information We collect might include:
- If You contact Us (via the contact page or otherwise) regarding our Products and Services: name, email address and any personal data in your message;
- When reserving/ordering a Product online: surname, first name, country, address, telephone number, email address, company name, VAT number and method of payment;
- After installing the App and creating an account on the App: surname, first name, address, email address, language;
- When using the Product: GPS data, photos and film footage (persons and number plates are automatically blurred by the robot);
- When contacting the EEVE HELP CENTER: email address and any personal data in your message and/or attachment;
- When creating an account in the EEVE HELP CENTER: name, email address, password, language and time zone.
When You reserve/purchase a Product and/or Service from Us, your card information is not held by Us, it is collected by Our third party payment processors Stripe (https://stripe.com/), who is specialized in the secure capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
How is your information used?
We may use Your information:
- To process Your reservations and orders;
- To carry out Our obligations arising from any agreements You have entered into with Us (such as delivery of an ordered Product);
- To process competition entries;
- To ask for Your opinion or comment on the Services we provide;
- To send You information which You have requested and that may be of interest to You;
- To process Your job application;
- For administrative and business purposes;
- To improve Our business, website, web shop, Products, Services and/or App. For example, we use the GPS data and imagery transmitted by the Product to optimise the use of the Product (e.g. to detect danger, to improve our A.I. model);
- For advertising and analytical purposes;
- In connection with Our legal rights and obligations;
- For certain additional purposes, only with Your explicit consent.
We review Our retention periods for personal data on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil Our statutory obligations (for example accounting data).
We will hold Your personal data on Our systems as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or as long as is set out in any relevant agreement You hold with Us. We will delete as soon as possible any personal data from You that We no longer need (for example a question send by You to which We have replied).
Who has access to Your information?
We will make sure that your information does not become publicly available as well as we aim to strongly limit the availability to Third Parties.
Third Party Service Providers working on Our behalf: We may pass Your information to Our third party service providers (like for example the software company Atlassian (www.atlassian.com)), subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to You on Our behalf (e.g. for sending newsletters, for repairing the Products or for following up the status of the queries made in the EEVE HELP CENTER).
However, when We use third party service providers, We disclose only the personal data that is necessary to deliver the service and We have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure, not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes, and to keep it for no longer than necessary for the purposes of completing the tasks and providing the services to You on Our behalf. Please be reassured that We will not release Your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless You have requested us to do so, or where We are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
When You are using Our secure online payment pages, Your payment is processed by Our third-party payment processor, i.e. STRIPE, who is specialized in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We may transfer Your personal data to a third party as part of a bussiness partnership or a sale of some or all of Our business and/or assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, or if We’re under a duty to disclose or share Your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to enforce or apply Our General Terms or to protect the rights, property or safety of Our customers. However, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that Your privacy rights continue to be protected and not become publicly available.
If you would like to receive communication form Us in a newsletter concerning, for example, interesting offers, announcements or events, You can submit Your email address via Our website.
Your rights in relation to Your personal data
You have the right:
- To access Your personal data and to be informed about its use;
- To correct Your personal data;
- To have Your personal data deleted;
- To restrict the use of Your personal data;
- To object to the use of Your personal data;
- To complain to the supervisory authority (https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be/burger/acties/klacht-indienen);
- To withdraw Your consent to the use of Your personal data;
- To ask for the portability of the personal data You shared with Us.
If You choose to have your personal data deleted or to restrict its use, EEVE cannot guarantee that the website will still be fully functional. With regard to the App and the Product, We only ask for a minimum of data which are necessary for the performance of the Agreement.
How You can access and update Your data
It is important to Us that your data is accurate. If Your personal data changes and this is relevant for Us, We ask you to notify Us by email.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When You give Us personal information, We take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any financial information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with the necessary software encryption. When You are on a secured page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Although We strive to protect Your personal information, the use of Our website can never be 100% secure. As a result, We cannot guarantee the security of any information You transmit to Us, and You do so at Your own risk. Once We receive Your information, We make Our best effort to ensure its security on Our systems.
When creating an account in the EEVE HELP CENTER and in the App, we recommend choosing a strong and unique password. It is Your responsibility to keep it confidential.
Links to other websites
Transferring your information outside of the EU
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have equivalent data protection laws to the EU. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services
Review of this Policy