What to expect in the upcoming updates.
last updated: 8th of January 2023
We don't publish dates because it is simply not possible to stick to them. We are making something that has never been done before worldwide, so it is impossible to estimate a realistic timeframe.
Instead, we do the following:
- We regularly release software updates (about every 2 weeks during the mowing season).
- We keep you updated on a regular basis about what we are working on. You can read about it on this page.
- We regularly publish videos showcasing new features. The next showcase is planned for the second half of March 2023. Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date.
The next features we are working on right now.
- The release of the StarLight Map Configurator, which will enable you to easily configure Willow to work successfully at your location. The configurator will guide you step-by-step through the setup process, from a simple one-zone configuration to a complex setup with multiple zones, small passages, water features, flowerbeds, and other challenges.
- The release of a charging station ground plate to help ensure that the station is on a flat surface and to prevent damage to the lawn in front of the station.
- Improvements to the positioning technology and map building system to achieve higher precision and more accurate maps. We plan to make significant progress in these areas before the new mowing season begins.
- The release of line-mowing v1, which will mow your lawn in a highly efficient way, and border-mowing v1, which will allow you to draw border-mowing zones on your StarLight map and have Willow mow over the borders in these zones while avoiding obstacles and only driving over stone or soil.
- The development of new safety features, such as an improved emergency button that is easy to use and an emergency button marker that you can stick on the screen to show visitors where the button is located (the marker will be available in the shop). Willow robots with serial numbers 700 and higher will also play safety sounds, such as when the emergency button is active or just before the mower starts.
- Various bug fixes and feature improvements, such as in the connectivity manager.